Your time and my time
- Please arrive 5 minutes early in order to have time to relax before your appointment.
- Allow 2 hours for the initial exam and 1.5 hours for each treatment session.
- Please turn off your cell phone before entering the treatment room.
Useful information for on the day of treatment
- Do not wear heavily scented products
- Avoid strong foods and heavy meals
- Avoid excessively hot or cold bathing
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Avoid overly strenuous physical work
- Plan enough time to rest
- Avoid other body-work
- Be well-hydrated and well-fed
Taking control of your well-being and health
I believe in the importance of having you invest in your well-being and health. As part of the healing process I will encourage you to take a look at ways you can achieve your best possible health and reach your full potential. This may include making changes in your home, school, or work environments, and with your nutrition, exercise, and sleep patterns. It is my hope that you leave each treatment with new ideas on how to improve your well-being and health.
Payment for acupuncture sessions
- The initial appointment is $140.
- Subsequent treatments are $100.
- Payment is due at the time of service.
- I accept payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card.
- The full treatment amount will be charged for cancellations or rescheduling with less than a 24-hour business day notification.
- In order to maximize equitable and sustainable access to health care and wellness services, Allie Dodge Acupuncture offers 25% off the initial consultation for people who identify as BBIPOC. Allie Dodge Acupuncture also offers a sliding scale for treatment sessions for BBIPOC, as well as anyone suffering from financial instability.
Forms for acupuncture clients
Please print out, complete, and bring with you to your initial session.
Although I do not accept insurance, I can provide receipts you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Medical care and medication
Classical Five-Element Acupuncture can be used in cooperation with other care you are receiving. Continue any medication exactly as prescribed by your physician. After a period of time, and if and when appropriate, you may make arrangements with your physician to reduce or stop your medication.
Please don’t stay away when you are sick! Coming in for treatment might make you feel better.